Monday 20 August 2012

chilled and relaxed

I've been away for the last week. Did you notice? A pre-birthday getaway with my family. I must say it was wonderful. Just what we all needed. No heels (just bare feet or thongs), no gadgets (except my iPhone camera), just books, music (mainly Missy Higgins, Goldfrapp and George Michael) and lazing around, in a beautiful forest setting by the lake, or strolling along at the beach. The kids climbed trees, paddled around in a canoe and explored the forest spotting kookaburras and kangaroos, while Mr S and I had quality time together. Such a treat. At night it was candles, a log fire, games of scrabble and star gazing, with rambling conversations on life and it's meaning and what's important and reminiscing. None of us wanted to leave. I was still so relaxed when we got home, I didn't even feel the need to go shopping on my birthday, content to bask in the post break glow.

But now it's Monday.  Back to 'normal'.  Back to real life.  A car with a flat battery... oh joy.



No comments:

Post a Comment