Thursday 31 October 2013

primal hunger or just an itch to scratch?

Lots of sex talk this weekend, discussing likes and dislikes. It's so bloody fascinating isn't it.  No matter how old you are, the evolution of needs, wants and preferences is just one of those topics I could discuss for hours on end. It amazes me what a huge spectrum there is, from prudish to extreme, and everything in between.

I have just finished reading Nikki Gemmell's I Take You. It was okay. Her books are getting a little repetitive and silly, but I read it quickly and it got me thinking about what is 'normal' nowadays. It also made me question my own preferences and what is and isn't off limits, because I hate think I'm missing out on something, but then again, I don't feel the pressure to 'explore' any more. I've been there and done most of it. I know what I like and what I absolutely don't. To be honest, I'm glad I'm not in that phase of my life where you have to experiment and challenge and push boundaries. 

I guess the thing that I am most surprised by, is that age doesn't necessarily dampen a persons sex drive. I presumed, naively, that as you got older you'd want 'it' less, but from talking to others (people of all ages), that isn't the case.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment